Sunday, June 10, 2012

Card Of The Week June 10

On Friday night, Kazuhiro Wada ended the Dragons-Eagles game with a walk off two run homer in the bottom of the ninth, giving Chunichi a 3-2 victory.  According to Nikkan Sports (via YakyuBaka), Wada is the oldest player CL player (39 years, 11 months) to ever hit a walk-off home run with his team trailing, passing Osaka Tiger great Fumio Fujimura (39 years, 10 months).  The oldest NBP player is Hiromitsu Kadota at 42 years, six months.

I tuned into the game just after it ended on Friday morning my time (well, I guess that would actually be the post-game I was watching).  I saw Wada standing out in the field waving to the fans, looking a lot like he does on this 2007 Calbee card (#011), although obviously wearing a different uniform:


No comments: