Monday, December 11, 2017

Autographed Cards From Justin

Justin (who is one of what I call the three amigos of Korean Baseball Cards along with Dan and George) recently moved from Korea to Arizona.  He spent some time this fall getting autographs at Arizona Fall League games and while there discovered that Jeremy Powell, the pitching coach for the Salt River Rafters, had played in Japan.  Justin asked me if I had any Japanese cards available for Powell and it turned out I had nine unique cards that I sent off to him.  Justin got back to me saying that Powell had signed the cards and loved them - he apparently didn't have any Japanese cards of himself.  I sent the remaining cards that I had off to Justin for him to give to Powell.  Justin got one of them signed for me and sent it to me a couple of weeks ago:

2003 BBM 1st Version #224
Justin included another autographed card for me as a thank you gift (not that he needed to do that).  It's an autographed card of former Lion and current Buffalo Hiroyuki Nakajima.  Justin got the autograph a few years ago when Nakajima was playing in Sacramento when he was in the A's organization.  He says it's a terrible autograph but "Believe it or not, that was probably one of the better autographs that I got from him":

2012 BBM 1st Version #382
Terrible autograph or not, it's still cool to get the autograph of a former Lions star.  Thanks for everything Justin!

Justin got interviewed recently by Dan on his Korean Cardboard blog and has also started a Facebook page for his autographed memorabilia called Charm City Autographs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Justin worked hard at it an a true baseball fan for sure.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the kind words John