Sunday, June 9, 2019

Card Of The Week June 9

Today is my last full day in Japan as I'm catching a flight home late tomorrow afternoon.  I spent today at the Fighters' farm team facility in Kamagaya watching Nippon-Ham and DeNA's ni-gun squads play.  Here's a card (#18) showing the Fighters' farm team mascot Cubby from the 2011 BBM Future Icon set that was supposed to be sold or given away at Kamagaya in March of that year but might not have been due to the earthquake:


I'll be doing a lot of posts about the trip in the next few weeks - there's a lot to talk about.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Any idea how these cards were distributed if they were never given away at the game?

NPB Card Guy said...

I've never figured that out. They may simply have been sold at Kamagaya that season as a promotion for Yuki Saitoh's first season. I'd seen a date of March 16th associated with the set but that might have been when they were supposed to go on sale.