Monday, August 17, 2020

Trade With Steve

A couple weeks ago I got an email from someone named Steve who had taken a look at my want list and discovered he had six cards that I was looking for.  We had a back and forth about what he wanted in return and rapidly came to deal.

Then he sent me an email last week and mentioned that he also had the 1998 BBM Hawks checklist that was the one card I still needed to complete that set.  I'd mistakenly thought I had gotten last year in Japan and didn't discover until I got back home that I didn't have it.  Ryan has been checking stores for me since then but has been unable to find it.  I was very excited that Steve had one of them for me.

Steve shipped his cards to me on Thursday while I didn't make it to the post office until Saturday.  Surprisingly (especially with the shenanigans going on with the US Postal Service right now) we both got our packages today.

Here's what I got.  First, the afore-mentioned Hawks checklist:

1998 BBM #575
Next is one of the short-printed "Rookie" cards from the 2000 Teleca set:


2000 Teleca #R4
Next is four cards from the 2000 Teleca insert set for the 1999 Korea-Japan Super Games.

2000 Teleca #KJ24

2000 Teleca #KJ27

2000 Teleca #KJ35

2000 Teleca #KJ45
That last card features Joo Hyung-Kwang, Jin Pil-Jung Jin and Kim Min-Ho.

The final card was the All Tournament Team card for Lee Bum-ho from the 2009 Konami WBC Heroes set.

2009 Konami WBC Heroes #W09A007
In return I sent Steve a 2004 BBM 1st Version "2003 Asian Championship" Kosuke Fukudome insert, a 2017 Calbee Samurai Japan Sho Nakata gold signature parallel, four Hayato Sakamoto SCM and Shukan Baseball inserts and a 2011 BBM Swallows Tetsuto Yamada Foil parallel rookie card. 

It was a pleasure doing business with you, Steve.  Thanks so much for contacting me, finishing my 1998 set and getting me closer to completing three other sets!

No comments: