Sunday, February 5, 2023

Card Of The Week February 5

I recently picked up a 2020 Epoch NPB insert card of Munetaka Murakami off of Ebay.  Besides the attraction of picking up yet another Murakami card, I also wanted to see an example of an Epoch insert card.  You'll notice the big silver shape behind Murakami - it may not come across well in the scan but it's silver foil.  And I knew that for sure when I turned the card over because the back of the card actually says it's a "Silver Foil Insert" card (#SF-47):


There's probably something to be said for not bothering to come up with a theme for insert cards like BBM does and just labeling them "Silver Foil" or "Hologram Foil".

1 comment:

Sean said...

I kind of prefer the honest, descriptive approach - "This card has silver foil on it so we are going to call it a silver foil card" - to BBM's approach of coming up with completely bizarre themes that seem completely out of place in relation to baseball (like Grotto, etc).