Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Got Noticed?

Just noticed something - my post about Hideki Matsui's cameo in a Godzilla movie went viral a couple weeks ago.  OK, "viral" is a bit overstating it, but apparently it got noticed by some slightly more serious blogs.  CBS Sport's Eye On Baseball picked up on it, posting an entry about the movie at 2:26 PM on January 3 (and they actually gave me credit with a link back to my post).  A little less than two hours later, Yahoo!'s Big League Stew published a post about the movie.  They credited the Eye On Baseball post with finding the cameo, although they actually quote my original post (but they didn't link to it!).  At some later point on January 3, there was a post on Bleacher Report talking about the cameo.   They credited the Yahoo! post as the source of the story.

So while I would have appreciated a little more credit for it, I'm happy to know that I made a contribution to our national dialogue on sports, even if it was for only a minute or so  (actually, probably just the 25 seconds that Matsui's cameo lasted).

No comments: