Once again I have gotten far enough behind in the new set posts that one of the sets has been released. So let's get caught up...
- Hitting the stores today is the latest of BBM's Authentic Edition team box sets. This one is called "CLIMAX" and features the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. Each box contains 31 cards - the 30 card base set plus one "special" card which may be an autograph or memorabilia card - including jersey and patch cards. There are multi-player jersey cards available. You can check out the base set at Jambalaya - the Shohei Ohtani card has him both batting and pitching.
- BBM's putting out another team box set on September 15 - this is the latest Autograph Edition set and it's for the Carp. The set is entitled "Katsukoi". Each box contains 28 cards - a 27 card base set plus one autographed card. Multi-player autograph cards are possibilities.
- For the third year in a row BBM is releasing a box set dedicated to a team's cheerleader/dance squad. This year it's for Giants Venus, Yomiuri's cheerleaders and is called "Original Smile". The box contains 44 cards - 42 cards from the base set plus two "special" cards which could be autograph cards (including multi-person autograph cards), facsimile autograph cards and memorabilia cards. The base has 19 cards of the team members in their costumes, 19 cards of the team members wearing yukata and four cards that are group photos. The box also contains a "raw photo" that I think is essentially a parallel of one of the 38 cards that show a single team member. The set will be released on September 15.
- Epoch has three high end team sets coming out in the next month or so. The Swallows "Shadow Box Edition" will be out on September 24. It looks like one box (at 11,200 yen) only has five cards in it but it's not clear to me what the breakdown of those five cards is. I think there's three base cards and two "special" cards but I'm not sure. There are 27 possible cards in the base set and a bewildering variety of autograph and memorabilia cards available. The Carp "Stars & Rookies" set will be released on October 8. One box of this (MSRP of 11,200 yen) contains one 12 card pack containing 10 base set cards (of a possible 42) and either a parallel card and a "special" card or two "special" cards. The "special" cards could be autograph or jersey cards. The Fighters "Season Achievement" set will be out on October 22. Each box (MSRP of 11,700 yen) contains one 10 card pack - five base set cards (of a possible 36), one regular parallel card, one holo "Spectra" card, one "Crystal" die cut cards and two "special" cards - possibly autograph or jersey.
- On the more affordable end of the spectrum, Epoch is also releasing a set for the Japan Woman's Baseball League (JWBL) on October 10th. This is a more traditional pack based set (each box contains 20 packs of five cards each). There are 78 cards in the base set and possible autograph and "cheki" cards (not quite sure what those are). This will be the first major card set for the JWBL since BBM did some sets in conjunction with the GPBL (as the JWBL was known then) back in 2010-11.
(And in case you're wondering about the title of the post, it's how Google translated the title of the "upcoming sets" section on Jambalaya's web page - 今後の入荷予定)