Thursday, July 19, 2018

New Vintage Price Guide Available

The latest edition of Gary Engel's "Japanese Baseball Card Checklist & Price Guide" is now available.  This is the Second Vintage Edition and covers baseball cards from 1929 to 1990.  This edition is ONLY available as a pdf file.  The file itself is $25 - you can either download the file directly (Prestige Collectibles will send you a link to download the file from wetransfer.com) or for an extra $3.50 they'll send you a thumb drive containing the file.

I downloaded the file today and it's great.  It's the first guide to be in full color and being able to search it is fantastic.  One of the things that I like is that Gary added information about sets that he doesn't feel he has seen enough cards to create a checklist.  You get a description and a sample card for the set though so you can see if a previously uncataloged card you have fits.  And I've already downloaded it to my iPad so the next time I'm in Biblio I won't be fumbling with a book (especially since my copy of the First Vintage Edition is falling apart).

There's more details (along with the ordering information) here.

1 comment:

SumoMenkoMan said...

Great! I’m looking forward to getting my copy. I’m going to print a hardbound copy as well since I preferred the non-digital searches. Glad to see him finally adding some of these other previously uncatalogued sets in the books.