Sunday, February 16, 2020

Card Of The Week February 16

The Mookie Betts trade from the Red Sox to the Dodgers finally was completed last week.  As a Red Sox fan I'm not particularly happy about it.  The only good thing about the deal from my point of view is that Kenta Maeda went from the Dodgers to the Twins.  Since I'm not a Dodgers fan at all (one of my teams after the Red Sox is the San Francisco Giants) I always wanted to see Maeda do well but not TOO well.  I can root for him unreservedly now.

Here's a card for Maeda from the 2012 BBM Rising Carp set (#04):


2 comments:

SumoMenkoMan said...

I hadn’t heard about Maeda moving as part of the deal. Glad he is now eligible for full-on cheering now.

NPB Card Guy said...

I'm betting he's relieved I'll be cheering whole-heartedly for him now :-)