Sunday, March 29, 2020

Card Of The Week March 29

I've been working from home for most of the last two weeks and today I finally picked up my desk enough so that I can put my work laptop on it next to my home computer.  I've been sitting on the couch in our family room to work and it's not been great for my back.

While cleaning the desk I came across this odd little item that Ryan had given me last May when I met up with him in Tokyo.  It's a plastic frame containing a card of Kenji Johjima back when he played for the Fukuoka Daiei Hawks.  The card is lenticular so there's actually two images of Johjima on it - one batting and one catching.  Here are photos of it - I changed the angle to be able to see each image separately:



The whole thing comes apart so I took a scan of the card itself without the lenticular part on it:

Other than guessing that this is from 2004 or earlier (since the Hawks were sold to Softbank in 2005) I don't know anything about this thing.  Ryan didn't know anything about it either.  The back is blank and the text in the lower right corner just says "Fukuoka Daiei Hawks" (top line) and "Johjima Kenji Catcher #2" (bottom line).

2 comments:

Sean said...

Nice card, I've never seen those before. Must be from the early 2000s as you say.

Fuji said...

Johjima + Lenticular = Very Cool