Wednesday, March 11, 2020

TIC Baystars "Mini Colored Paper" Cards

Ryan included a bunch of stuff that I didn't expect in the package I got from him last week.  He included about 60 Baystars team issued cards which I'm not going to write about since he did a post on them a few weeks back before sending them to me (he kept all the Alex Ramirez cards - like with Dan, Ryan's Player Collections occasionally benefit me!).  I had bought a bunch of Baystars team issued cards when I was in Japan last year so I was pleasantly surprised to discover there was only one card in the lot that he sent me that I already had - a 2018 card of Sho Aranami.

Ryan included some other Baystars cards that I thought I'd do a post on.  For the last couple years, an outfit called something like "Hits" (although Ryan refers to the company that makes them as TIC so I'll start doing that too) has been issuing oversized cards that they refer to as "mini colored paper" or "mini shikishi" sets.  The sets are usually small - 20 cards or less - and either feature players from a particular team (mostly the Baystars, Carp and Hawks but they've done a couple for the Swallows) or just a particular player (Yoshitomo Tsutsugoh, Yasuaki Yamasaki, Daisuke Miura, Seiichi Uchiyama).

I saw some of these when I was in Japan last year but I didn't pick any up.  Ryan bought a couple boxes of TIC's "Used Ball" sets from last year - one for the Swallows and one for the Baystars - and got four free packs of the Baystars "mini colored paper" cards - two from 2018 and two from 2019.  He kept a couple of the 2019 ones and sent the rest to me (after writing a post about them).

The cards are large - 5 1/2 inches wide by 4 3/4 inches high - and are blank backed. 

The 2018 set had 12 "normal" cards along with 12 "special" cards with gold facsimile signatures.  The signature cards are parallels of the "normal" cards but I don't know if they're actually any rarer.  Of the four 2018 cards Ryan sent me, three are the signature versions:

#02SP

#03SP

#01SP

#04
The 2019 set also had 12 "normal" cards and 12 parallel gold facsimile signature cards.  Ryan's had basically the inverse with these four cards as to what he got with the 2018 cards - three "normal" cards and one signature parallel.  He kept one of the normal cards and the signature parallel, giving me two "normal" cards:

#06

#09
Thanks for the cards, Ryan!  I'm glad to get these but I probably won't go out of my way to get any others.  They're nice but I haven't figured out how I'm going to store them yet!

No comments: