Friday, March 22, 2024

Topps Tigers Set

I wanted to do a quick post about a new on demand set that Topps Japan is selling to celebrate the Hanshin Tigers winning their first Nippon Series title in 38 years last year.  The set contains 16 cards and is available for 8000 yen (~$53) on Topps' Japanese website.  Unlike the Samurai Japan cards that Topps started selling earlier this week though, these sets are only available for purchase inside Japan.  Topps will not ship them overseas.  There's a relatively short fuse on them as well, as they are only on sale until next Friday, March 29th.

5 comments:

Zippy Zappy said...

No autograph (as expected) but at least there's a parallel.

Anonymous said...

Steep price for 17 cards.

Anonymous said...

16 sorry

NPB Card Guy said...

@ZippyZappy - You know, I was kind of expecting a BBM box set for the team with 30 or so cards and a possible autograph. I'd have been interested in that, especially since I probably could have gotten an opened set for $10-ish. This? Not really doing anything for me. The cards aren't particularly attractive, the backs are the usual worthless Topps backs and to echo the Anonymous commenter, it's a steep price for 16 cards.

Sean said...

8800 Yen for a set that I’m not sure I would bother with even if it was priced at 500 Yen?

Yup, sounds like another Topps release all right.