Thursday, July 25, 2024

Card Shops In Japan: Mint Tachikawa

Please check my "Card Shops in Japan" page before planning a trip to this store to verify that it's still where it was when I visited.

Mint Tachikawa is located - appropriately enough - in Tachikawa, a city west of Tokyo-city (but still in Tokyo prefecture) on the JR Chuo line.  It was not a store that really registered on my radar but when I realized Ryan and I could easily swing by it on our way from Toho Studios to Seibu Dome on my first full day in Japan, I decided to check it out.

Ryan did posts on the store back in 2012 and 2014 but the store has moved a few blocks to the west since then,  It is now located on the first floor of the Park Avenue shopping mall which is located roughly a quarter mile northwest of the JR Tachikawa station:

You can walk all the way to the mall from the station on an elevated walkway but you'll need to drop down to the ground floor to find the shop.


If you look carefully at the second photo, you can see Ryan in the back of the store, opening his packs of Dream Order cards.

As you can see, the store is very small.  It's pretty much a "Mall Shop With Only Hits".  Ryan and I both bought some unopened Dream Order products - packs and starter decks - at the store but it wasn't a place where I was going to knock off anything from my want list.  I don't think they had any singles from recent sets but I could have missed them.  

The shop is not conveniently located to central Tokyo - it's about a half hour train ride from Shinjuku station.  But if you're in the area to check out Tachikawa Airfield or Showa Kinen Park or just passing through on your way to Seibu Dome and want to get the latest packs or boxes, it's worth stopping by.

Here's a map of the store's location:

No comments: