Friday, September 6, 2024

Card Shops In Japan: Mint Fukuoka Parco

Please check my "Card Shops in Japan" page before planning a trip to this store to verify that it's still where it was when I visited.

As you'd probably guess from its name, Mint Fukuoka Parco is a card shop located on the seventh floor of the Fukuoka Parco shopping mall in the Tenjin area of Fukuoka-city.  


I'm not entirely sure when it opened but it wasn't there when I visited Fukuoka in 2019.  It seems to have filled the hole left by Mint Fukuoka when that store moved from the Tenjin Vivre shopping mall that was across the street from Parco and has since been torn down.  Mint Fukuoka is now located a few blocks to the west of Parco and has gone somewhat upscale - I'll be doing a separate post about them in the near future.

Given that they're in a shopping mall, it's probably not a big surprise that I categorize them as a "Mall Shop", specifically a "Mall Shop for building recent sets" as they had some bins full of singles from recent sets.  They also had some other more random stuff - I ended up picking up a couple Calbees from the mid-1970's there.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't find any of the 2023 Calbee Hawks cards there but I really can't hold it against them as I didn't find them in ANY store I went to.

This is probably the most approachable of the three Mint stores in Fukuoka as it's a little easier to find than the other two (although Mint Hakata is my favorite of the three - I'd argue Mint Hakata is the best card shop in Japan west of Nagoya).  Go here if you just want to get some recent cards and you might be surprised by whatever else you might find.

Here's a couple photos of the shop itself:



Here's a map showing the location of the shop:

No comments: