Sunday, January 27, 2019

Card Of The Week January 27

A few months back I did a Card Of The Week post for Tigers pitcher Joichiro Maki's 2018 BBM 1st Version card.  I was amused that Maki was shown running as I had always read that pitchers generally hate to run.  When I was going through the BBM team sets that I had gotten from Ryan a few weeks back I noticed that Maki's card from the Tigers team set from last year (#T32) also showed him running:


Like on the 1st Version card he's not wearing a batting helmet or a glove so this is obviously not from a game.  There's nothing I see on his Japanese Wikipedia page that would make me think he was a runner in his spare time and none of his Epoch cards (one card in the NPB set and three in the Tigers Rookies & Stars set) show him running.  I have no idea why BBM choose two photos of him running for their only cards of him this year (other than his Rookie Edition card).

No comments: