Sunday, February 18, 2024

Card Of The Week February 18

As I was going through all the cards I got from Ryan this past week, I came across a big lot of Lions cards, mostly BBM but with a couple Calbees and a Broccoli card mixed in.  I remembered asking Ryan to pick it up but I couldn't remember why.  There were 40 or so cards in it that were mostly a mix of flagship, Rookie Edition, Rookie Edition Premium and Lions team set cards for several players who were no longer with the Lions - Hideto Asamura, Hideaki Wakui, Yusei Kikuchi, Shogo Akiyama and Tomoya Mori.  I was kind of scratching my head at why I was interested in the lot since I already had a lot of the cards in it.  But then I hit this card and it all came back to me:


This is Daisuke Matsuzaka's "Super Rookie" insert card from the 1999 BBM Diamond Heroes set (#SR2).  The insert set only had two cards with Koji Uehara being the other one.  It's a lenticular card that has two separate images of Matsuzaka on it - the scan looks odd because you see parts of both images.  I took a couple photos to show the two images:



This was the key card in the lot and why I asked Ryan to pick it up.  I thought these cards were a little rarer than they actually are so it probably would have been more cost effective to just pick up the card rather than the entire lot.  But I did get some Lions cards out of it that I wouldn't have had otherwise so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

1 comment:

Zippy Zappy said...

Very rare 3D offering from BBM, good stuff. Also good to see a sign of life from Ryan.