Sunday, February 18, 2024

JWBL Cards

Ryan had sent me a handful of cards for the Japan Women's Baseball League (JWBL) and I thought I'd do a quick post on them.

First up is a card from the 2011 BBM set for the league when it was still called the "Girl's Professional Baseball League" (GPBL).  I've written about this set before so really all I'm going to say about it is that it's the "kira" card for Maya Kawaho:

2011 BBM GPBL #40

AIAIO did cards for the JWBL from 2013 (if not earlier) to 2019 (if not later).  Ryan picked up these two unnumbered cards from the 2013 set for me:




He also picked up these two 2017 cards for me:




I believe that those are real signatures on the front of the cards although that could just be wishful thinking.  

These cards help a little in the ongoing struggle to make sense of the 2017 AIAIO JWBL cards.  Kawabata's card is the first 2017 card I've seen with a card number with an "04" suffix.  Taniyama's card number has an "05" suffix on it and the card design matches the design of the only other 2017 card I have with an "05" suffix - Ayami Sato (which is somewhat fitting to me personally since I saw these two pitchers face off against each other at the JWBL game I went to in 2019).  

No comments: