Tuesday, November 18, 2014

More New BBM Sets

BBM's webmaster is apparently working overtime - there's been six new baseball sets unveiled on their website in the last week (plus two non-baseball sets).  The two latest ones are two more OB team sets from the "ACHIEVEMENT" series that started with the Nankai Hawks and Hankyu Braves sets released last month.  These two are for the Kintetsu Buffaloes and the Taiyo Whales and there's not a whole lot more information available about them.  The Buffaloes set apparently will concentrate on the Pacific League pennant winners from 1979, 1980 and 1989.  The Whales set will feature players from the last few years that the team played in Kawasaki before moving to Yokohama in time for the 1978 season.  I guess I'm most interested in the Whales set since that's not an era that's been covered by any of BBM's OB team sets.  The sets will (I assume) feature the same kinds of facsimile and authentic autograph cards that the Hawks and Braves sets have.  They will both be out in mid-December.

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

Two sets I will definitely be picking up for myself next month! As long as the sets decent I'll go for the whole run.