Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Eagles Team Issued Cards

I had mentioned in my post about Mint Sendai last week that I had bought a handful of Eagles team issued cards there.  I thought I'd do a quick post on the cards I got here.

Of course I'm only doing a post on half the cards - the other half I picked up for Ryan.

First up are a group of single cards from 2008, 2009 and 2012:




The 2012 card is from a set that Jason has identified as the "Seat Holders Set".  While there were "Seat Holder Sets" in 2008 and 2009, these two cards are not from those sets.

The Eagles have been issuing their team sets in packs for the last few years (since at least 2013).  I picked up packs from both 2018 and 2019.

I didn't realize it while I was at the store but the Eagles actually issued two team sets last year - a 1st Version set and a 2nd Version set.  It's not clear to me that it was obvious that the first set was originally called "1st Version" as the title does not appear on the cards.  I had bought a die-cut "Tohoku Pride" insert of Eigoro Mori that appealed to me - this is the only "1st Version" set card I ended up with:

2017 Eagles 1st Version #In05
The pack of 2018 cards I got was for the "2nd Version" set.  Here's the pack wrapper along with the six cards from the pack - the text on the front of the cards is gold on black which doesn't scan very well:


2017 Eagles 2nd Version #104 (Yuri Furukawa)

2017 Eagles 2nd Version #130 (Toshiaki Imae)

2017 Eagles 2nd Version #118 (Toshiyasu Kimura)

2017 Eagles 2nd Version #83 (Takayuki Kishi)

2017 Eagles 2nd Version #155 (Tsuyoshi Yamasaki)

2017 Eagles #SS2-3
A couple things - the player cards for the 1st Version are numbered from 01 to 81 while the 2nd Version player cards are numbered from 82 to 162.  Also you'll notice that the "1000 Games" card for Ryo Hijirisawa doesn't say "2nd Version" on it - just to make all this more confusing this card (and the other SS and SS2 cards) are available in packs for both the 1st and 2nd Version sets.

So far there's only one set for 2019.  Once again the cards featured gold on the front which scans as black but at least this time the player's names are readable in the scans.  Here's the wrapper and cards from the pack I bought:


2019 Eagles #70

2019 Eagles #48

2019 Eagles #67

2019 Eagles #05

2019 Eagles #40
2019 Eagles #SS-3
In addition to Mint Sendai I also saw the 2019 cards for sale in the Eagles Team Store outside their ballpark:


2 comments:

Fuji said...

What are the things to the right of the team set (in the team store)? They kinda look like phone cards. And are those bingo cards at the far right of the photo? Can you play bingo at the game or something?

NPB Card Guy said...

I looked through the Eagles on-line store to try to answer this. The things to the right of the team set are packages of "mini-shikishi". I couldn't find the things that look like bingo cards but that could be what they are. I don't remember anything about bingo being announced but I didn't understand 98% of what was being announced at the game so I easily could have missed it.