Monday, October 12, 2020

2020 Konami Baseball Collection

 For the third straight year Konami has issued a collectible card game set called Baseball Collection.  The cards are somehow used in an arcade game - I think you get them as rewards for playing the game but I don't know if there's some other way to get them.  As in 2018 and 2019 there are four varieties of cards -"P" (Premium?), "SR" (Super Rare?), "R" (Rare?) and "N" (Normal?).  There are 81 cards for each team (so a total of 972 for the whole set) - 4 "P", 19 "SR", 29 "R" and 29 "N".  It looks like there's only 29 players per team but each player has 2 to 4 cards.  This is more cards than the previous sets - there were only 76 cards per team before - 3 "P", 13 "SR", 30 "R" and 30 "N".  There are also apparently 12 OB player cards that I think are being issued later this month.

I recently picked up a couple cards from this year's set from a seller on Ebay:

#202000-R-C097-00

#202000-N-H044-00

To repeat the obvious, Franzua's card is an "R" card while Van Den Hurk's is a "N" card.

3 comments:

SumoMenkoMan said...

Holy cow. 972 cards. Crazy tough to build.

NPB Card Guy said...

I've just got 970 more to get!

Actually I'm probably done with the two I have...

Harold F said...

Great readinng this