Friday, December 6, 2019

2019 Konami Baseball Collection

One of my regrets from my trip to Japan earlier this year was that I didn't think to look for any 2019 Konami Baseball Collection cards when I took a quick look in the gaming card store next to Mint Ikebukuro.  Luckily I discovered that there were some for sale (along with some 2018 cards) on COMC a few weeks back and I picked a couple up.

The Konami Baseball Collection cards are used in an arcade game - I think you get them as rewards for playing the game but I don't know how you get the initial ones.  There are four varieties of cards -"P" (Premium?), "SR" (Super Rare?), "R" (Rare?) and "N" (Normal?).  There are 76 cards for each team (so a total of 912 for the whole set) - 3 "P", 13 "SR", 30 "R" and 30 "N".  It looks like there's only 30 players per team but each player has 2 to 4 cards.

The cards I got were all Buffaloes players:

#201900-R-B054-00

#201900-R-B017-00

#201900-N-B037-00
It's probably obvious but I'll point it out anyway that the Wakatsuki card is an "N" card while the other two are "R" cards.

No comments: