Sunday, April 5, 2020

Card Of The Week April 5

Justin of Charm City Autographs recently opened a 2017 BBM Icons - Japan Pride box set and got a printed autograph card of Tomoyuki Sugano as the bonus card.  Justin sent it to me along with a couple facsimile signature parallels from the 2018 BBM 1st Version set as a thank you for some cards I had sent him recently.

I got the card last week and really liked it.  Here's a scan of the front and back of it:



It's a very attractive card.  What I didn't realize when Justin first asked me about the card is that it's actually a shorter printed parallel version of the card.  The usual print runs are around 90-ish but this is the "blue signature" version (the "standard" ones are gold) and have print runs of around 30 or so.

I'm kind of thinking about trying to collect all of these.  I'm not entirely sure how many cards there are in the set - I think based on BBM's web page for the set there are 18 of them.  A search of Yahoo! Japan Auctions revealed three others - Ayumu Ishikawa, Shintaro Fujinami and Naruki Terashima - with prices between 400 and 800 yen.  I suspect Sugano is probably the most valuable card - assuming that every one in the printed autograph set is in the regular set the biggest possible other names are Tetsuto Yamada and Yoshitomu Tsutsugoh.  Luckily for me Shohei Ohtani wasn't in this set.  So perhaps I have a new project after all.

No comments: