Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Suk-Min Yoon of the Baltimore Orioles

Somehow in all the snow and everything in the last few weeks it kind of escaped my notice that Suk-Min Yoon, formerly of the Kia Tigers in Korea, had signed with the Baltimore Orioles.  It's a little out of scope for me but I figured I'd do a quick post on what baseball cards there are out there for him.

Being as there don't appear to be many Korean baseball cards, that list is pretty short.  He only has one card that I'm aware of depicting him with the Tigers - card #AL-005 from the 2010 KBO game set:



He played for the Korean national team in the 2008 Olympics and the 2009 and 2013 World Baseball Classics.  He has several cards for the 2009 WBC - a Bowman Chrome card (and assorted parallels) and two cards from the Konami WBC Heroes set (a regular card and a "Special" card).  He also had a card in the 2013 Topps Tribute WBC set.  I don't have the "Special" Konami card but I have the other three:

#BCW51

#W09R122

#76

No comments: