Sunday, March 2, 2014

Card Of The Week March 2

Mission Accomplished.

Almost a year ago when I traveled to Japan for the first time I was looking for (among other things) around 150 cards from BBM's 1st Version sets from 2004 and 2005.  These were the last two of BBM's "flagship" sets that I was still trying to complete (of the ones issued after I started collecting Japanese cards in 2001).  I returned from Japan only needed six more cards - four from 2004 and two from 2005.  I was able to get five of those cards last spring from Scott Kaneko, leaving me with just one card left to get - the 2005 card of Hiroyuki Nakajima.  I had hopes that I would be able to get the card off of Ebay since he was now playing in the US but it was not to be.

What I didn't know was that Ryan had continued to look for the cards on my want list and tracked down the card at some point last summer (along with a couple other cards).  Those cards became part of a much larger trade as he was able to find some box sets I wanted and I had some assorted cards (Japanese and other wise) that he was looking for.  I got a box in the mail yesterday from him containing all my goodies, including, finally, the Nakajima card:

2005 BBM 1st Version #23

There will be a number of posts over the next week or so (sooner depending on how much snow we get tonight) featuring many of the other cards.  Thanks for trading with me, Ryan!

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

You're welcome! I'm glad I could finally get something sent your way.