Sunday, July 24, 2022

Card Of The Week July 24

Last Wednesday rookie Ren Mukunoki of the Buffaloes got within one out of throwing the fifth no-hitter of the 2022 NPB season.  He had retired the first two batters in the ninth inning before Fighter pinch hitter Ryusei Satoh singled.  Mukunoki struck out 11 and walked three in what was only his second start ever at the ichi-gun level.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to use his BBM 1st Version or his Epoch NPB card but I decided they were similar enough that I'd just use them both.  His glove's different but otherwise these two photos could have been taken at almost the exact same time, just from different angles.  And it looks like his BBM Buffaloes card (which I don't have yet) uses the same photo as his 1st Version card.

2022 BBM 1st Version #183

2022 Epoch NPB #246


No comments: