Friday, October 4, 2024

Card Shops In Japan: Mint Yokohama (Updated)

Please check my "Card Shops in Japan" page before planning a trip to this store to verify that it's still where it was when I visited.

The last Mint store that I visited on this trip was the Mint Yokohama store.  I've made three trips to Japan and visited this store on each trip but the store has been at a different location each time.  In 2013 it was just north of Yokohama Station, in 2019 it was west of the station and now it's east of the station.  I assume that on my next trip it'll be south of the train station.

The new location is on the seventh floor of the Marui City Mall and I think this location is the closest of all three to the train station.  It's a pretty easy walk out the east side of the station, up a flight of stairs to a walkway that takes you over the surface street and under the highway.  You'll see the Sogo shopping center directly ahead of you but Marui City is to the right of it:


Inside you can take escalators or elevators up to the seventh floor:


I'm not sure why but I didn't take any photos in the shop itself.

This is another one of Mint's stores that I've kind of ineptly labeled "Mall Shops for building recent sets" although to be honest I'm not sure how much they carried in the way of recent singles.  It's one of the Mint stores that strikes me as having some interesting random stuff in it.  As you might expect, they carried a lot of Baystars team-issued cards which was the main thing that I picked up here.  I didn't buy too many as I didn't have a list of what I already had and didn't want to pick up duplicates (a concern that I also had at Mint Sendai getting Eagles team-issued cards).  Like all the other Mint stores, they had unopened new stuff - I bought a pack of the 2024 Topps NPB cards here.

I'll repeat what I said about this store in 2019 - it's not worth coming out of your way for but if you're already in Yokohama for a Baystars game or something else, it's relatively easy to come stop off here.

Here's a map showing the store's location:

No comments: