Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Mail Days

I am blessed to have some generous friends who occasionally send me baseball cards out of the blue.  I received a couple deliveries in the past week and thought I'd do a quick post to share what I got and to thank the senders.

On Saturday, I received my latest envelope from Kenny (aka Zippy Zappy).  He'd given me a heads up a few weeks earlier that there was something with some of this year's Calbee Series Two cards on its way and that's what was in the envelope:

#064 Tomohisa Ohzeki

#069 Shun Mizutani

#084 Manaya Nishikawa

#078 Fumiya Kurokawa

#117 Jose Osuna

#S-29

I make fun of Calbee's boring photo choices a lot but that's a great shot on the Nishikawa card.

On Monday I received a thick envelope from my friend Jason, the guy who used to run an Ebay store called "JK's Card Shoppe".  Jason knows that I like BBM's image variants - the "secret versions" - so he's kind enough to send me some when he comes across them.  This latest package had twelve cards in all - six "secret versions" along with the original version of the card.  Here are all 12 cards with the original card shown first, followed by the "secret version":

2021 BBM 2nd Version #397

2021 BBM 2nd Version #397 "Secret Version"

2022 BBM 2nd Version #476

2022 BBM 2nd Version #476 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 1st Version #002

2026 BBM 1st Version #002 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #372

2026 BBM 2nd Version #372 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #421

2026 BBM 2nd Version #421 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #502

2026 BBM 2nd Version #502 "Secret Version"

These are the first 2026 BBM cards that I've gotten this year.

So, once again, thank you, Kenny and thank you, Jason, for the cards!

No comments: