Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Mail Days

I am blessed to have some generous friends who occasionally send me baseball cards out of the blue.  I received a couple deliveries in the past week and thought I'd do a quick post to share what I got and to thank the senders.

On Saturday, I received my latest envelope from Kenny (aka Zippy Zappy).  He'd given me a heads up a few weeks earlier that there was something with some of this year's Calbee Series Two cards on its way and that's what was in the envelope:

#064 Tomohisa Ohzeki

#069 Shun Mizutani

#084 Manaya Nishikawa

#078 Fumiya Kurokawa

#117 Jose Osuna

#S-29

I make fun of Calbee's boring photo choices a lot but that's a great shot on the Nishikawa card.

On Monday I received a thick envelope from my friend Jason, the guy who used to run an Ebay store called "JK's Card Shoppe".  Jason knows that I like BBM's image variants - the "secret versions" - so he's kind enough to send me some when he comes across them.  This latest package had twelve cards in all - six "secret versions" along with the original version of the card.  Here are all 12 cards with the original card shown first, followed by the "secret version":

2021 BBM 2nd Version #397

2021 BBM 2nd Version #397 "Secret Version"

2022 BBM 2nd Version #476

2022 BBM 2nd Version #476 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 1st Version #002

2026 BBM 1st Version #002 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #372

2026 BBM 2nd Version #372 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #421

2026 BBM 2nd Version #421 "Secret Version"

2026 BBM 2nd Version #502

2026 BBM 2nd Version #502 "Secret Version"

These are the first 2026 BBM cards that I've gotten this year.

So, once again, thank you, Kenny and thank you, Jason, for the cards!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking cards! I’ve been working on the 2026 BBM First Version myself. Even got one of the secret versions, too. Same with the Rookie Edition set I’m putting together from them. Really fun stuff! I also have 2025 and 2026 Epoch sets that I’m 9 cards and 18 cards short on. Do you happen to know anywhere that may have singles so I can complete my set? I’d even be willing to trade as well.

NPB Card Guy said...

Sorry, but I don't have any good suggestions on where to get the cards you need, although I'm assuming you're in the States. You can use a proxy bidding company like ZenMarket to buy stuff off of Yahoo! Japan Auctions or Mercari but it'll be expensive. Check COMC, Sportslots and Ebay. I have seen guys selling singles from various NPB sets on Ebay so you might get lucky.

Anonymous said...

No worries! Keep up the great blog! I love reading what you post

NPB Card Guy said...

Thanks!