Friday, April 4, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

BBM's website today has announced that they will be putting out a set of cards for the Tokyo Big 6 Collegiate Baseball League. It looks like a 60 card box set, with 9 player cards and one team card for each of the six universities - Hosei, Keio, Meiji, Rikkio, Tokyo and Waseda. I believe that this will be the first time that BBM's made a set of cards for amateur baseball.

The cards on BBM's website look really nice. I think I'll be picking this set up, even though I don't know who any of these guys are.

What's next? A Koshien set? That might be a bit much...

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I do know who a bunch of those guys are and trust me when I say this is pretty awesome. If only they'd done it last year I'd already have cards for Kume and Katoh and all :) I think it's really neat and will probably pick up a set on general principle.

Greg said...

As someone who has just started collecting Japanese cards, I've found your blog to be a great resource. Keep up the fantastic work!

Read your earlier post regarding the sets that BBM produces each year. For someone looking to collect the entire 1st and 2nd version BBM sets for say 2008, is it possible to purchase "factory" sets (aka box sets)? Or are hand-collated sets the only possibility there? And is Yakyu Shop the only vendor out there that might be selling these?

NPB Card Guy said...

Thanks for the kind words.

BBM did factory sets from 1991-93, but not since then. Hand collated sets are the only possibility. YakyuShop only sells boxes of cards (and believe me, that's a frustrating and expensive way to go). Try Rob's Japanese Cards or Prestige Collectibles (links are on the right side of my blog).