Saturday, June 29, 2019

Baseball Women

I thought I'd do a real quick post showing off some cards I got of professional women baseball players who were featured in BBM's "Venus" sets for female athletes ("Real Venus" from 2009 to 2015 and "Shining Venus" starting in 2017). 

This first card is a 2013 BBM Real Venus card of knuckleballer Eri Yoshida when she was with the Ishikawa Million Stars of the Baseball Challenge (BC) League.  I bought it at the Mint Odawara store. 

2013 BBM Real Venus #05
The other cards Ryan had picked up for me a few months back when the 2019 Shining Venus set came out back in January.  There were five card from the set I was interested - two cards each for Kyoto Flora players Nami Okumura and Minami Takatsuka and one card showing both of them:

2019 BBM Shining Venus #01

2019 BBM Shining Venus #02

2019 BBM Shining Venus #04

2019 BBM Shining Venus #05

2019 BBM Shining Venus #94
I should point out that neither player is actually still with Flora - they both joined Saitama Astraia last winter.

I'm a little amused that BBM labeled Okumura's first card as her "Rookie" card since she appeared in both the 2016 and 2018 Epoch JWBL sets but this was her first appearance in a BBM set (to my knowledge anyway).  Minami appeared in the 2015 BBM Real Venus set.

By picking up these cards (well, by Ryan picking up most of them) I've now gotten all of the baseball player cards that appear in BBM's "Venus" sets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this blog has passed. I'm collecting important women in all sports. Eri Yoshida is certainly one. Any recommendations on how I could find and purchase one of her cards? Literally no luck...sad. Jmyers229@comcast.net

NPB Card Guy said...

You can use this search to look through Yahoo! Japan Auctions to see if there's any cards of her up and use a proxy service like ZenMarket to buy what you want.