Sunday, March 14, 2021

Card Of The Week March 15


The magaizine Shukan (Weekly) Baseball puts out a special "Season Memorial" issue at the end of every year that has a recap of that year for NPB (and the Japanese players in MLB).  There was a six year stretch between 2011 and 2016 where this issue of the magazine included a pair of baseball cards.  I asked Ryan to pick up the 2016 issue for me from Amazon.co.jp.  It contains cards of Hideki Kuroda and Shohei Ohtani:

2016 Season Memorial #1/2

2016 Season Memorial #2/2

I was extremely happy that Ryan was able to pick this magazine up at pretty much its cover price (1000 yen) as I've seen the Ohtani listed for 3000 yen and the Kuroda list for 2500 on Yahoo! Japan Auctions (although not necessarily SOLD at those prices).

I decided I want to get all 12 cards from these magazines.  Ryan just picked up one of the 2011 cards (Seiichi Uchikawa) so I only have nine to go.  The other 2011 card is Takuya Asao, the 2012 cards are Shinnosuke Abe and Mitsuo Yoshikawa, the 2013 cards are Masahiro Tanaka and Wladimir Balentien, the 2014 cards are Shohei Ohtani and Tetsuto Yamada and the 2015 cards are Yamada and Yuki Yanagita.

No comments: