Friday, March 29, 2024

Play Ball (2024)

 I'm continuing my Opening Day tradition of doing a post showing a baseball card from the last year that each of the 12 NPB teams won the Nippon Series which was inspired by (or stolen from) the series of posts that Night Owl Cards has been doing for a while now for MLB teams:

The last time the TIGERS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2023 BBM Tigers #T57

The last time the BUFFALOES won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2022 Epoch NPB #241

The last time the SWALLOWS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2021 Calbee #211

The last time the HAWKS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2020 BBM 1st Version #037

The last time the FIGHTERS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2016 BBM Fighters #F43

The last time the EAGLES won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2013 Calbee #AS-23

The last time the GIANTS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2012 BBM 2nd Version #601

The last time the MARINES won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2010 Calbee #081

The last time the LIONS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2008 BBM Lions 30th Anniversary #74

The last time the DRAGONS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

2007 Dragons #37

The last time the BAYSTARS won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

1998 BBM #293

The last time the CARP won the Nippon Series, cards looked like this:

1984 Calbee #36

All 12 current NPB teams have won the Series at least once so there are no "Photo Not Found" teams.

When I started doing these posts six years ago, I only had six Tigers cards from 1985.  I used the last of those six last year so it was really convenient for me that the Tigers won so I didn't have to repeat any cards.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

That Shota card is awesome!

NPB Card Guy said...

I had originally planned on using a different 2023 Tigers card but when I saw that one I realized I had to use it.