Sunday, May 12, 2024

Card Of The Week May 12

Last Monday Yoshitomu Tsutsugoh played his first NPB game since 2019 and it had a storybook ending.  The Baystars were down 5-3 in the bottom of the eighth when he stepped to the plate with two runners on.  Tsutsugoh drove the ball into the right center stands for a three run home run that proved to be the game winner in the 6-5 Yokohama victory.  Here's his card from the 2013 Front Runner Baystars Rookies & Young Stars set (#05): 



Posting is going to be pretty light over the next few weeks as I am back in Japan!  I'll be going to lots of games and card shops and I'll have a lot to talk about once I get back.

1 comment:

Jason Presley said...

While I don't like seeing them fail at the MLB level, I do enjoy seeing NPB players return to Japan with a splash. Always thought Hideki Matsui should have taken a victory lap with the Giants before hanging up the spikes.