Sunday, May 26, 2024

Card Of The Week May 26

Today was my last day in Japan and I am currently flying home.  It's been a great trip and I'll be doing a lot of posts about it over the next few months.

I picked up a lot of cool cards but I need to mention this card in particular:

This is card #642 of the 1996 BBM set.  It's a short printed "Late Series" card of Yonetoshi Kawamata and it is the final card I needed to not only complete the 1996 BBM set, it is the final card I needed to complete the full run of BBM sets from 1991 to the present.  It's been the final card I've needed for a few years now and I was thrilled to find it.

It's kind of funny, though, I'd had daydreams of finding this card at BITS or Quad Sports but that's not what happened.  Three days before I left for Japan, I discovered someone selling the card on Mercari and asked Ryan to pick it up for me.  He had already received it by the time I arrived and he was able to hand it to me when we met up in Tokyo.  Maybe it's not as good of a story as finding it at one of my favorite shops but I'm happy to finally be done.

3 comments:

Jason Presley said...

So satisfying to finally knock out an item like that.

Sean said...

Congrats (again!) on landing that card and completing the entire set run, its such a cool acheivement!

Hope you haad a safe voyage home. I'm looking forward to reading your posts about your trip!

sg488 said...

Nice card ,congrats on your complete run streak since 1991.