Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Card Shops In Japan: Mint Hiroshima

Please check my "Card Shops in Japan" page before planning a trip to this store to verify that it's still where it was when I visited.

Mint Hiroshima is the latest addition to the Mint chain of trading card stores.  It opened in late March so it had been open for a little more than two months when I stopped by on June 1st.


The store is located on the fifth floor of the Don Quijote store on Chuo-dori about four blocks south of what I think is Aioi-dori - the main thoroughfare through Hiroshima.  It's also about four blocks south of the Hatchobori stop on the Hiroshima Electric Railway.

Like Mint Umeda, this store is another of Mint's "mall" stores.  There wasn't a lot here and most of it was recent singles, hits and unopened packs and boxes.  They did seem to have a lot of Carp singles which makes sense - I saw BBM Carp cards going back to about 2004.  I also saw some vintage Calbee and NST cards in a case on the wall.  I didn't think to look for team issued Carp cards - this would have been the obvious place to look for them.

 Also like Mint Umeda, the store sells a lot of gaming cards and has a number of tables set up for game play.  Here's a couple photos of the store:



I ended up only buying one card here - an Epoch One card featuring Xavier Batista of the Carp hitting the final home run of the Heisei Era.

Once again I didn't check for sure that they take credit cards but I'm pretty sure all the Mint stores do.

Here's a map showing the location of the Don Q store that the shop is in:

3 comments:

Brett Alan said...

Having just eaten dinner from a Don Quijote (or, as they call them here in Singapore, Don Don Donki), I can say that if one of their stores here in Singapore had a baseball card shop, I wouldn't need any other store! They don't play the song in the card shop, do they?

NPB Card Guy said...

I got to be honest - I don't remember any music playing in the store. It might be hard to believe but this was the only Don Q store I went into in Japan - I just didn't have time for much shopping other than card shops.

Fuji said...

Wow. Love how neat and organized this shop is.