Sunday, August 28, 2022

Card Of The Week August 28

Yesterday Cody Ponce of the Fighters threw a no-hitter against the Hawks.  He was the first foreign pitcher to throw one at the top level in Japan since Rick Guttormson of the Swallows no-hit the Eagles in 2006.  Ponce's no-no was the fifth in NPB this year which is a record for most in a season.

I have a bit of an issue featuring Ponce - I don't have any cards of him yet!  He's in his first year with the Fighters and pretty much no new foreign players appear in any of the flagship sets from BBM, Calbee or Epoch that I have in hand right now.  I decided to cheat though - he's in BBM's 2nd Version and Fighters sets which ZenMarket and Ryan respectively have in hand and will be shipping to me in the near future so I decided to swipe the scans of his cards from Jambalaya:

2022 BBM Fighters #21

2022 BBM 2nd Version #367


No comments: