Sunday, November 13, 2022

Card Of The Week November 13

The 2022 Korean Series wrapped up last Tuesday with the SSG Landers defeating the Kiwoom Heroes 4-3 to win the Series 4 games to 2.  40 year old Kim Kang-min was named MVP of the Series despite not starting in any game.  Kim went 3-8 with two home runs and five RBIs.  His big blow was his three run pinch hit walk off home run in Game Five last Monday - it was the first pinch hit walk off home in Korean Series history:


I wanted to show a card of Kim with the Landers to show for this post but since SSG just bought the team prior to last season (they had been the SK Wyverns until then) I only had one KBO card set that included the new team - last year's SCC Golden Premium set.  I had a bit of a surprise when I looked at Kim's card from the set (#SCC-21/S16) - it showed him pitching!  At first I thought it was an error card but after doing a little research I discovered that Kim had made one pitching appearance on June 22 of last year against the LG Twins.


No comments: