Thursday, September 14, 2017

Trade With Dan

I made trades with two other collectors back in August and naturally I got both of their trade packages in the mail the day before I went in for surgery so I've been understandably slow at getting these new cards "ingested" into my collection.  I'll do a post on my trade with Ralph Pearce in the next few days - today I want to concentrate on the cards I got from Dan Skrezyna of Korean Cardboard.

Dan was amazingly generous to me.  I sent him three parallel cards that he was looking for from the Forever Ace set from last year.  He sent me a whopping 45 cards back!  Here's what he sent me:

One of the more impossible sets that I'm trying to complete is the "99 Korea-Japan Super Games" subset from the 2000 Teleca set.  Dan sent me this card of Dong-Soo Kim of the LG Twins.  I'm pretty sure that the pitcher is Hideki Okajima of the Yomiuri Giants (he's the only left handed pitcher from the Giants who was on the Japan roster) and the photo is from the game on November 9th, 1999 in Fukuoka Dome.

2000 Teleca #KJ38
The first of the Superstar Baseball sets put out in 2014 had 126 cards in it but 54 of those cards were short prints.  I've got the complete "non-short print" set of 72 cards but I've been trying to pick up all the short prints as well when I can.  Dan sent me two of the ones I needed:

2014 Superstar Baseball Season One #SBC01-068 (Dae-Hyun Chung)

2014 Superstar Baseball Season One #SBC01-081 (Jung-Bae Park)
The remaining 42 cards that Dan sent me was the bulk of the "All Star" subset from last winters' Black Edition set.  The subset doesn't actually reflect last year's All Star games rosters but instead showcases League Leaders in several statistical categories.  The subset has the top 10 finishers in "ERA & Win" and "AVG" and the top 5 finishers in Saves, Holds, Home Runs, Hits and Stolen Bases.  Note that since the set (like all the other "Superstar Baseball" sets) does not include foreign players, it's really the top 5 or 10 Korean finishers in each category.  Several players placed in multiple categories so there's only 37 players represented in the 42 cards I have.  For example, Hyoung-Woo Choi of Samsung has a card in the AVG, Home Run and Hits categories.  I'm not going to show all 42 cards but here's an example from each category:

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-019-AS (Won-Jun Jang)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-031-AS (Chang-Min Lim)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-034-AS (Bo-Geun Lee)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-039-AS (Hyoung-Woo Lee)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-051-AS (Bum-Ho Lee)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-055-AS (Tae-Gyun Kim)

2016-17 Superstar Baseball Black Edition #SBCBK-061-AS (Dae-Hyung Lee)
So thanks for the trade Dan and let me know if I owe you anything more!

No comments: