Sunday, September 5, 2021

Card Of The Week September 5

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a week.  I've been working on a couple projects and I was away from home for a couple days.  I'm going to do a quick post today on a card I picked up a few months back and then hopefully get back to a more regular posting schedule this week.

Shogo Akiyama is one of my favorite players and I was somewhat disappointed when he left the Lions for the Reds but I have found one positive about it.  While his NPB autographed cards tend to be priced higher than I'm willing to pay, his MLB ones are pretty reasonable.  I picked this 2021 Topps Stadium Club one up for around $11 on Ebay back in July - I really don't buy any MLB cards but I couldn't resist this one:

For the sake of comparison, I did a quick search on Yahoo! Japan Auctions for autographed Akiyama cards.  The cheapest certified NPB autograph was 5999 yen (around $55).  They aren't completely comparable as the NPB card was serially numbered while the Stadium Club card was not but you get the idea.

No comments: