Sunday, August 11, 2019

Card Of The Week August 11

I picked up this 2000 BBM card of Hideki Matsui while I was in Japan (not sure which store but I think it was Mint Ponyland).  This is one of the cards that was included with Sports Card Magazine #24 which was published in November of 2000:

SCM #11
I picked this card up because Matsui is imitating the iconic pose on Shigeo Nagashima's 1973 Calbee card, the first card in Calbee's first set.  I've got a couple other cards where the player is imitating this pose - I was kind of surprised to realize that this photo wasn't the same as the one on the other Matsui card I have.

One note - with this post I am finally finished writing about the cards I picked up on the trip.  I still have other posts to do about the trip but none that deal specifically with cards.  I think I've done almost 30 posts on the cards I either bought or got from Ryan and Dan in the two months since I returned home.

No comments: