Thursday, August 8, 2019

Marines Team Issued Cards

I picked up some team issued cards from the Marines on this trip.  Most of these I got at the Mint Chiba store but one of them I got from Ryan.  Here's what I got:

I think this card is from late 2006 as the back shows Nishioka's stats up until September 7th.  Here's the front and back of it:



These two cards are obviously from 2007:



This card (which is the one I got from Ryan) looks like it's from this same set as the others...


...but the backs look completely different.  The Imae and Saburo cards have the kind of back you'd expect - here's the back of Imae's card for example:

But the Satozaki card has an ad for something called "PayPass" on the back - I'm not sure but I think this was a transit fare card like Suica.


The remaining cards I got were all issued by or for Team 26, the Marines' official fan club.  There's one each from 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.  (I already had some from 2011 and 2012.)





It doesn't come out in the scan very well but the Agbayani card has a shimmering finish to it - I don't know if this was some sort of parallel or if all the 2007 Team26 cards had it.  It's the only one of the cards that has it.

No comments: